Never Compromise on Customer Experience
When it comes to success, especially in real estate, so often it's all about transactions. It's all about the hustle, the zeros, and making it to the top. But most of the top producers in real estate have one thing in common ... they know why they do it.
For Laurie, the "why" is all about the people. Her parents were in real estate, and she loved watching the way they could positively impact people's lives. The excitement and the milestones that come along with turning that key to a new home made it all worth it. In addition to being in the business of people, Laurie is driven by the ability to employ other passionate professionals. Cultivating a positive, motivated, and meaningful environment within her team isn't just important to her, it's essential. have a saying - the gift is in the giving. And it really is when you get to be a part of something like that. I genuinely, after 21 years, get In addition to a positive agent experience, Laurie understands that customer experience is paramount. It's what separates the good from the great. At the end of the day, there is no big "secret" to great customer service. Most good agents know how to provide a VIP, above-and-beyond customer experience that will land testimonials, referrals, and drive more business. It's putting in the hard work where some businesses fall short.
When you provide a team atmosphere where your agents feel valued and driven to succeed, they put in the work. If you provide your agents with the best technology and systems to drive their success, they put in the work. Finally, when you lead by example, they put in the work. That's what makes a successful team.
Laurie Finkelstein Reader Real Estate is clear from the moment you visit their site - you're in good hands.
Start with a Steady Foundation
Laurie knew from day one that in order to succeed she needed to be strategic. That meant, picking a goal that was necessary for survival and success, and then doing whatever it took to get there.
(1) Learn: "How can I learn everything I need to learn to make a living at this?" Every training course and class, books, webinars, conferences - you name it, she learned it. Starting out in real estate it's crucial to be humble and unafraid to take advice and help, but also driven enough to survive the hustle and grind of the agent lifestyle.
(2) Set a concrete goal: She knew it was important to start with an attainable goal that would still push her to work incredibly hard. For Laurie, starting out, that meant 2 transactions a month. "I had to earn $5,000 a month. Bottom line, I wasn't going home until it happened."
To stay at the top, you can't stop learning. If you lead a team of agents, it's important to encourage them to continue learning as well. Additionally, set new goals each year. Reach higher and dream bigger, and be tactical about what it's going to take to get there.
Go "All In" with the Right Technology Partner
For Laurie, the key to becoming a successful top producer has been leveraging technology to get the maximum ROI possible. After investing in BoomTown, she knew that she had to focus on two things in order to help her agents be successful: training and adoption.
Laurie has the perfect mindset for success when it comes to real estate technology. "BoomTown is my business partner. We run just a handful of systems on our team and BoomTown is the provider for us in terms of the communication from the agent to the customer." Technology is an investment, and the only way to get the maximum ROI is to make sure your team is well-trained and they're using the system. For Laurie, this is critical. Before she even hires an agent she makes it clear that this is a tool she is providing in order to make them more successful.
"Over time, BoomTown has evolved. It constantly upgrades the system. We actually, personally make suggestions. We have the agents make suggestions when there's a piece they want added. As our organization grew, we realized we needed more training, we needed to know that we had great success managers, people we could call and solve our problems. So I reached out to BoomTown, I said, 'Look, my business is growing. We're growing together. You guys are my partner, can you help me?'
BoomTown was all over it. Truth be told, they call in now, we speak to them weekly, we speak to them monthly, we email them. The response is amazing. I truly believe that BoomTown is just as invested in my business as I am, and that they actually do care about us growing continually. We will expand, and we will expand with BoomTown.
Hindsight is 20/20: Laurie's Top Tips for New Agents
Looking back on over 2 decades of experience in real estate, Laurie has a lot of advice. Every professional journey will have bumps and setbacks, milestones and wins, but when you learn from the experts you can minimize the setbacks and maximize the milestones. Here are her top tips for those of you that are just starting out.
- Make your goals truly concrete. Don't compromise or get lazy, just do whatever it takes.
- Surround yourself with mentors and people who are more experienced than you. Particularly when it comes to finances - ask for help.
- Focus on relationships. Who you build relationships with matters. Your mentors, customers, vendors - they're all investing in you. Are you investing in them?
- Train as much as you can on your technology platform.
- It's all about your database. Follow up, follow up, follow up. Don't lost track of anyone.
- Track and measure your ROI. That way if something is off, you have a backlog to figure out the problem.